‘Software Lenses’ are like ‘optical’ lenses which are not varied mechanically, but by software parameters.
They are investigating DATA and IMAGES as representations of REALITIES.
By viewing data and images with new ‘software lenses’ and varying the parameters to match data sets, new vistas emerge on our screens:
- new perspectives for new insights
- more detail for new discoveries.
New quantifications are offered so that:
- new qualities can be named by experts
- explored within boundary conditions set by experts
- new reference measures can be established
- from the combination of automated and visual analysis.