In terms of FUTURE, this is about creating a community of people who
- understand and know and thus trust me;
- are interested in making sense of ‘rational thinking’ as the basis for science;
- are experts in DATA and IMAGES in their respective fields and willing to look at them through ‘software lenses’ with ‘software vision’ – for the purpose of forecasting time series, layering complex data and re-visualising images;
- are PROGRAMMERS and DEVELOPERS willing to contribute to a new era of thinking – based on interacting with SOFTWARE and MACHINES rather than writing and reading BOOKS;
- appreciate CYBERNETICS as an overarching ‘academic domain’ that bridges humanity’s thinking with digital technologies operating.
In terms of PAST, this is about the intellectual odyssey that started in November 1996 – in splendid isolation – thanks to computers and, eventually, the web: a journey of discovery through ‘software aided’ thinking.
It culminated in 3 innovative software methods:
These were the result of ‘thinking while producing files’ in these formats:
My first prototype was “3D TimeData” on an IBM ThinkPad – in Visual Basic with which I produced this screenshot:
The next one was “Visual Data Intelligence” – written by a young German geek based on over 20 Word documents. That was the beginning of exploring a lot:
- mathematical functions
- all sorts of financial and other data
- and, eventually, images.
Here I focussed on the forecasting method and tested financial data extensively – with well above average results – despite bad experiences with a number of people who had dollars turning in their eyes.
An important piece of code was a Python script that turns images into ‘complex data’ or a multi-dimensional matrix.
The next coding effort was the creation of the Gallery of Albums – with the aid of long-term unemployed developers in Berlin. It included a script for turning pictures into csv files.
The next should be
- a general Smart Knowledge Portal for ‘try before you buy‘ promotion
- specific Smart Knowledge Portals solving the problems of customers in particular domains.