This professor spotted the significance of my prototype Visual Data Intelligence as “understanding Number”.
This ‘special relationship’ with numbers boils down to a few creative ‘quantum leaps’:
- new mathematical spaces
- innovative transformations as the basis for creating a ‘visual z’ axis.
In terms of conceptual innovation, my contribution is:
- my mathematical spaces respect the perceivable reality of 3D as the upper number of ‘dimensions’ in the physics domain;
- ‘time’ is not defined or visualised as a 4th dimension;
- instead, ‘complexity’ and ‘high dimensionality’ are visualised on screen by producing ‘vertical layers‘ along ‘visual z’.
- ‘dimensions’ are defined as orthogonal planes with orthogonal axes;
- the ‘dimensionality’ of complex data can be ‘reduced’ or translated into the ‘functionality’ of variables and parameters in software;
- ‘visual z’ acts as a ‘yardstick on screen’ to assess changes and differences visually and numerically.
In terms of data visualisation,
- metrology is the missing link between physics and mathematics that Einstein was looking for;
- the human eye measures visually by comparing shapes and sizes;
- the computer measures numerically by crunching numbers.
The ‘visual z’-axis offers the possibility for
- forecasting time series by ‘projecting’ numbers
- stacking multi-dimensional data into vertical layers
- re-visualising images in ‘visual and metric 3D’.
Qualifying 3D is the attempt to
- illustrate the visual and metric qualities resulting from the ‘visual z’ axis.
Visual and Metric 3D is the combination of
- data visualisation and numerical representation of time series and other numerical data.
Smart Knowledge Portals are required
- to embed human expertise as the verbal interpretation of ‘qualitative measuring units‘.
Tagged: Belief system, Cartesian coordinate system, Central processing unit, Data visualization, Dimension, Dimension (mathematics and physics), Einstein, Euclidean space, Heat transfer, Level of measurement, Three-dimensional space, Time series, Transformation matrix, Visual Data Intelligence